Your collaboration is especially important for the therapy. Its success is in your hands.
Please note the following points:
- It is essential that you comply precisely with the intervals between the individual injections or drop administrations.
- After each injection, you must remain in the practice for at least 30 minutes so that your doctor can intervene in a quick and competent manner. If you notice anything unusual during the waiting period (e.g. itching in your throat, on your hand or the sole of your foot, sneezing, coughing, shortness of breath, itchy skin, hot flushes, dizziness), please contact your doctor or the receptionist immediately.
- Also, if unusual symptoms occur after you leave the practice or the existing symptoms worsen, contact the treating physician immediately.
- Before every injection, please inform the doctor when your last injection was administered, what medications you are currently taking and whether you are ill at present (refer to the existing allergic symptoms also if these have come back).
- It is essential that you avoid strenuous physical activity of all kinds (especially sports) as well as unusual strain (such as hot showers) on the day of the injection.
- As far as possible, try to avoid the allergens which trigger your symptoms throughout the course of treatment.
In particular, house dust mite allergy sufferers can optimally support the therapy by using anti-mite mattresses and bed sheets, since most mites are in the bed. These sheets lead to a drastic reduction in the amount of allergens breathed in. They are pulled over mattresses, duvets and pillows and carefully sealed using the zipper. The normal bed linen is then put on. The covers are water vapour permeable, so that the sweat produced during the night can be transported away easily.